The Trauma Centre
As a unique facility in Canada, The Trauma Centre is located in a fully renovated 1870's heritage home on an acre of partially forested land. The tranquil, private setting and memorial gardens help create an ambiance of a calm and healing environment for all.
To improve the well-being of our community by providing a safe, tranquil place where individuals and families, affected by trauma and other significant events in their lives, will receive professional and comprehensive care.
We believe all citizens in our community are entitled to confidential, timely and professional treatment following an impactful or traumatic event in their lives;
We believe in working collaboratively with other service providers in our community to better serve the multiple needs of people affected by events and circumstances in their lives;
We believe that competent, compassionate care is necessary in helping people maintain their sense of dignity and hope when they find themselves in vulnerable circumstances.
The Trauma Centre's inclusive, non-residential, comprehensive program will provide:
- evidence-based individual, family and couple's counselling and therapy;
- corporate crisis response after a critical incident in the workplace or community;
- psychological first aid for first responders after critical incidents;
- training/educational seminars for mental health professionals and educators in our community;
- educational workshops/groups for families and parents;
- support groups for children, adolescents and adults;
- specialized support programs for emergency services personnel;
- team building/meeting/fundraising facility use for other service providers.
Recipient of the York Regional Police/York Region School Board Photography Club, "Giving Back to the Community Award" 2011.
Upcoming Event ...